Friday, February 18, 2011

QV - Feb 2011

Queen Victoria- Mexican Getaway  - Feb, 2011

The good:
It was great spending time with family & friends.

The cabins are nice, although the storage is terrible.

The bad:
Entertainment - Ugh, just awful. The show about colors which looked like it might be some sort of homage to Pageant of the Masters was especially vile.

Spa -Facilities were okay, but spa staff just wanted to sell product.  There's no better way to ruin a relaxing massage or pedicure than to have someone tell you that you must buy an overpriced lotion.

Crowds - Everything was crowded.  Lines for the shows, the pub, the pool bar.  On a ship this size I don't expect to feel crowded.  It was very confining I thought, although other guests said they thought it was "intimate"

The so-so:
Food - It was mostly fair to good.. 
     MDR was pretty good, service was just okay, no bonding with the staff (maybe because it was a short 4 day cruise?)
    Lido Buffet -Okay, nothing special.
    Golden Lion Pub - Very good.  Best food I had on board.  Too bad they aren't open for dinner.
    Queens Room for Tea - Scones were some of the best I'd ever had.

Conclusion:

All in all I don't think I'll sail on QV again.  While I love the QM 2, the QV left me cold.  It's hard to believe that they are both Cunard ships.  Oh well, different strokes....

No comments:

Post a Comment