Friday, October 8, 2010

Luxury Cruising


Cabin on the QM2

Cunard - I believe that the QM2 is the best ship out there for Trans-Atlantic crossings.  I think of it as the cheapest first class seat to Europe you could ever buy.  I honestly don't know if I'll ever fly east to Europe again.  Why, when I can take the QM2 and arrive in Southampton refreshed & ready to go?






SeaDream Yacht Club - Tops in the Caribbean.  No one does it better!  Bali beds, delish food, water toys, never waiting for a tender, small ports.  Probably my fav line to date.  See my November 2010 review for more details.
 



Silversea - Silver Whisper
Silversea - First thing that pops into mind?  Luxury suites.  Some of the best staterooms at sea.  Every room has a bath tub.  A bath tub at sea? L.U.X.U.R.Y. The crowd was a little staid, but hey, I'll be old(er) one day and maybe I'll be back.  The food was fantastic too.








Celebrity - Very nice, maybe the one of best of the mainstream lines, but.... I just didn't love it.  Wish I had, the prices are great, cabins are decent and the service is wonderful.  I just felt underwhelmed at the end.  I may still try it again, if I travel with friends with kids. 


Princess - OK - not a luxury line but.....If you are travelling with a large group & don't want to spend tons of money, Princess delivers a pleasant holiday.  Not luxury, but ok.

Princess Cruises

No comments:

Post a Comment